Supplier Award: Schaeffler honors its top suppliers
2021-09-23 | Herzogenaurach
- Sustainability is central to Schaeffler’s supply chain and procurement operations
- Partners for Performance: 17 companies receive Schaeffler Supplier Award
- Andreas Schick: “Despite high volatility in the markets, Schaeffler has continued to be a reliable partner throughout more than one and a half years.”
As an international automotive and industrial supplier, Schaeffler maintains a supply chain that spans the globe. Thousands of companies supply production materials and services to Schaeffler’s 70-plus factories in 50 countries worldwide. Sustainability is central to these supply chain and procurement operations, as Chief Operating Officer Andreas Schick explained: “We believe that success in business goes hand in hand with a duty to act responsibly towards the environment, people and society.” That is why Schaeffler seeks out relationships with suppliers who are committed to the same goals, acting as true partners for performance.
Reliable partners are integral to ensuring that Schaeffler’s supply chain remains agile and efficient despite the current challenges facing the global market. “Despite high volatility in the markets, Schaeffler has continued to be a reliable partner to its customers and suppliers throughout more than one and a half years,” Schick said. “Schaeffler has managed to work around major impacts on the world’s supply chains caused by factors such as the pandemic, disruptions to global transport routes, and extreme weather events.” Like other companies, Schaeffler is currently having to contend with supply bottlenecks for steel, an essential raw material for its products.
Andreas Schick presented awards to Schaeffler’s top-performing supply partners at a recent digital edition of the company’s Supplier Day, which was attended by over 500 representatives of strategic subcontractors. “We and our partners are committed to innovation and state-of-the-art technology across our entire supply chain,” he said. “We aim to create a sustainable long-term partner network with our strategically important suppliers.” Seventeen supply partners received the Schaeffler Supplier Award in recognition of their excellence as partners for performance. Seven of the awards went to German companies.
Schick told the attendees that Schaeffler was anticipating a significant increase in its overall procurement volume. “We and our partners will meet this challenge head-on through innovation and state-of-the-art technology across the entire supply chain,” he said. “We are also committed to building a sustainable long-term partner network with our strategically important suppliers.” Schaeffler and its partners are continually optimizing their cost base in order to remain competitive and strengthen each other’s market position in accordance with the principles of fairness, transparency and sustainability.
The recipients of the 2021 Schaeffler Supplier Award:
- Scherdel GmbH, Germany
- Deutsche Edelstahlwerke, Germany
- Uchiyama Manufacturing Corp., Japan
- Metelli Group, Italy
- Famecha GmbH, Germany
- Marcegaglia Carbon Steel S.P.A., Italy
- Sin Nan Hwa Bearings (Shanghai) Co., Ltd., China
- Erich Derleth GmbH, Germany
- Worthington Industries, USA
- Delux Bearings Pvt. Ltd., India
- Jing Cheng Computer Co., Ltd., Taiwan
- BASF SE, Germany
- NMC Dynaplas Ltd., Canada
- Walter AG, Germany
- Shandong Golden Empire Precision Machinery Technology Co., Ltd., China
- Saarstahl AG, Germany
- Aslar Pres Döküm San. ve Tic. A.Ş., Türkei
Publisher: Schaeffler AG
Package (Press release + media)