Assembly of railway bearings - for fitters
Starting with an overview of bearing types, the theoretical section of this training course goes into greater detail on applications typical of the rail sector such as gearbox bearings or wheel bearings. Typical failure patterns of wheelset bearings give links between failure modes and possible remedies. Typical tools and measuring devices, which are used in the subsequent mounting and dismounting operations, clearly show the training participant the considerable importance of appropriate accessories.
- Theoretical Elements
- Overview of the bearing selection
- Criteria for bearing selection
- Railway-specific application of wheel bearings
- Failure patterns of rolling bearings, in particular wheel bearings
- Mounting tools and equipment
- Practical Elements
- Maintenance of wheelset bearing
- Cleaning the weelsets and bearings
- Measuring the add-on parts and modification parts
- Re-greasing the bearings
- Mounting of wheelset bearings
- Practical examples and exercises involving the client’s wheelsets
- Practical handling of mounting tools and equipment
- Closing Discussion
- Handing out of participant certificates
- All relevant steps will be discussed and regulated with the trainer
Schaeffler Plant Eltmann/at customer’s site
Signing up at Schaeffler Technology Center – Training: Ms. Karin Morgenroth
Phone: +49 (0)9522 71 503
Possible accomodation expenses need to be paid by the participants. We will gladly assist you with the selection of an accommodation.
General Terms and Conditions of Participation
- Please refer to our website: http://www.schaeffler.com/remotemedien/media/_shared_media/05_products_services/training/training_conditions_en.pdf
- Registration no later than 14 days before start of the training course.
- We reserve the right to cancel training courses on the grounds of undersubscription up to 14 days before the start of the training course.
- If training participant cancels attendance at the course after registration has been confirmed, 40€ processing fee will be charged. Cancellation less than 2 weeks 50% of the course fee is charged. If the client nominates a substitue, this rule does not apply.